BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sedilix-DM


The climax recently in our country is unpredictable. Besides, H1N1 and the haze also invading our country. Many people fall sick due to the devastating climate in the pass few months including me, myself.

My dad felled sick too. I think he was infected by me. He has cough, flu and fever badly. And so, he went to consult a doctor. He was given some medicines by the doctor. The one I spotted is Sedilix-DM because this medicine is so familiar to me. I remembered last time when I got fever, the doctor also gave me exactly the same medicine.

Then, I started to look at it contents.

From the info mentioned, each 5ml of Sedilix-DM contains 15mg of Dextromethrophan Hbr, 3.125mg of Promethazine HCl, 30mg of Pseudoephedrine HCl and 0.125% of Parabens as preservative.



Sedilix-DM can relieves dry irritating cough, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose and itchy & watery eyes.

So, I tried to search it out. From the web, I knew that Dextromethrophan Hbr is an antitussive drug. It is a medicinal drug that used to treat coughing and related conditions. It can also used to relief pain in psychological applications. The empirical formula for Dextromethrophan Hbr is C18H25NO•HBr•H2O.


Besides, Promethazine HCl is a racemic compound. The empirical formula is C10H15NO•HCl while its molecular weight is 320.88. It is also consider as a medical drug that used to cure coughing and those related conditions.

Pseudoephedrine HCl is a decongestant. It is found in various cold, sinus and allergy medications. It is used for the treatment of nasal congestion due to allergies or the commom cold. Furthermore, it can also used to relieve sinus congestion and pressure.

Pseudoephedrine HCl helps to relieve nasal and sinus congestion by stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors in the lining of the nose and sinuses. The action causes the blood vessels to constrict and then allowing less fluid to leave the blood vessels and decreasing inflammation. Moreover, the empirical formula for Pseudoephedrine HCl is C32H39NO4·HCl.



There are some side effects of in taking those 3 chemicals such as drowsiness(dizziness), nausea, vomitting and etc.

Lastly, the parabens are a group of chemicals that used as preservatives in cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Besides, there are also used as food additives.



0 comments: